As a creative, I know firsthand how crippling it can be. I felt it this morning, showing my work to friends (it’s weird that I feel it less when showing work to strangers than people close to me – but I’m sure that’s an entirely different set of issues!)
- Everyone you’re comparing yourself to on the internet is probably comparing themselves to someone else on the internet.
- Think in terms of abundance, not scarcity. Literally, there is room for everyone at the table!
- You are in full control of your life and the person you want to be. We are in the place we are today because of the seeds we planted in the days and years leading up to today. Don’t forget to congratulate yourself on how far you’ve come.
- You’ve worked hard, you’ve put in the work, and what you have to say matters.
- Often it’s not what you say, but how you say it. Confidence is KEY in the business world! I don’t want to say fake it till you make it, because that isn’t good advice, but don’t let fear keep you staying small. Use your voice. Own it.